Dr Michael Gregor
If the mixture is too wet add more oats, if too dry add more water.
Check the mixture at around 40 minutes to see how its going.
10 minPrep Time
1 hrCook Time
1 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 Small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 Cup walnuts
- 1/2 Cup pinenuts
- 1 Cup mushroom, quartered
- 1 Tin red kidney beans
- 1 Cup cooked red quinoa
- 1/2 Cup rolled oats
- 2 Tablespoons tahini (use peanut butter if you don't have any tahini)
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed or linseed
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 Tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 Teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
How To Make
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F.
- Line a tin loaf pan with baking parchment (I used 20cm tin)
- Put aside some of the walnuts, the kidney beans and the pine nuts and crush slightly (you can add these at the end for some texture and crunch to the loaf)
- In a food processor add the onion, garlic and walnuts and pulse until finely minced.
- Add the mushrooms, and beans and pulse again.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blitz until a nice thick paste.
- Add and mix in the set aside nuts and kidney beans
- Transfer the to loaf tin and bake for 60minutes and the top is firm and golden brown.
I like to serve this with the golden gravy and either roast potatoes and steamed veggies or mashed potato with lots of nutritional yeast to make it super creamy. Remember no need to add oil!
- Calories 1060
- Total Fat: 61 g 93.85%
- Saturated Fat: 7 g 35%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 593 mg 24.71%
- Potassium: 1313 mg 37.51%
- Total Carbohydrate: 100 g %
- Sugar: 10 g
- Protein: 39 g
- Vitamin A: 30.86%
- Calcium: 188 mg 18.8%
- Iron: 11 mg 61.11%
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Serve with McDougalls Golden Gravy This is the easy recipe or
the Gregor’s Golden Gravy Recipe which has chickpeas in and is nice and thick. Try to put the white miso in, but any miso will do. The white does not taste so strong.