Benefits of Makhana
Makes a great snack when you are on your reset as this snack is low in fat, and will fill a gap when you .
- High in magnesium, potassium and low on sodium. So a good snack for hypertension sufferers. Potassium brings down the blood pressure and sodium tries to bring it up.
- Great anti-ageing food as they have lots of anti-oxidants. A handful every day can keep you looking younger and making your skin glow. Do not be tempted to add oil or this will turn into an unhealthy aging snack.
- Great for diabetics and heart disease, as they contain the good fat and have a low quantity of saturated fats.
- Good for weight loss as low in calories but high in nutrients. A 50 gram serving of dry-roasted makhanas has 180 calories.
- High in fibre. The digestive process gets sorted with them as they prevent constipation and add bulk to the stool.
- Great detoxifying agents and aid in flushing out toxins from the body. They are really beneficial to the spleen which is the like a graveyard for cells in the body. The spleen recycles the red blood cells and is the nerve centre of the immune system because it also stores white blood cells and the platelets.
- Makhana may aid fertility issues? Being said to be as an aphrodisiac, they help with premature ejaculation, improve quality of semen and help women suffering from infertility.
- Low glycemic index which means that they release glucose slowly in the blood, this keeps you feeling fuller for longer.
- Gluten free
- High in protein
- Good carbohydrate content.
- An important part of fasting food because a handful can provide you energy to last the entire day.