Satay Chickpea, Cashew and Green Bean n Cabbage Fill
You can use any leafy green, kale also works and leaks steamed too what ever you have in your fridge. For extra protein add edamame. You can also add walnuts instead of cashews.
2 minPrep Time
6 minCook Time
8 minTotal Time
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage
- Can of Chickpeas, drained and liquid put in freezer
- Green beans, handful
- Satay Sauce, see recipe link below
- Cashews pre soaked/sprouted
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 1 Tablespoon of umami sauce
- 2 Teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut cream (but this is high fat and not advisable, but if you want it extra creamy this can help)
How To Make
- Chop the savoy cabbage into small bite sized chunks
- Add the green beans also chopped into bite sized pieces (don't forget to top and tail them if needed)
- Add the chickpeas and steam in some filtered water for 6 minutes or until cabbage has softened.
- Use the water that you steamed the above in to make the satay sauce.
- Now make the satay with the mineral rich water of the steamed veggies and mix the satay ingredients into it. I do this in a small side pan, then pour into a bowl or directly over the cabbage, mix well and eat up. You will want 2nds. Its so tasty.