For some of you chia may be brand new, and you will have lots of questions about what you can do with chia and how to consume. First lets start by getting you excieted by the nutrient content and then I will go into the different types and then show you some easy ways you can use your new bad of chia seeds. Please leave your comments below as to how you are going to use them or if there are any questions you still have about this amazing super food. Did you Know! Chia seeds are from the plant Salvia hispanica, which is part of the mint family.
So lets dive in.
Nutrient Content of 1/2 Cup of Chia seeds
Benefits of Chia
- Lots of nurients in such a little seed – see the above charts, as well as having good omega 3’s.
- Packed with anti-oxidants (1) (2)
- High in fiber (3)
- Chia seeds are also a great protein source (4)
- Good source of omega 3 fatty acids, mostly ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) (5)
- May help with healthy bones due to the calcium content