Benefits of Seed Cycling
- Balance your hormones
- Support your diet
- Supports your elimination
- Supports your essential fatty acids (EFA’s needed for strong cell membranes)
- Support thyroid
- Increases libido
- Balances progesterone and oestrogen
- Rich sources – Flax, sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds are rich in omega 3, omega 6 which are essential fatty acids and Vitamin E.
What is Seed Cycling?
A protocol of taking seeds that support your body systems as a whole.
Rotating certain types of seeds through your cycle and through the month.
How to Take
Day 1 of your period to Day 13 take 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seed and 1 tablespoon of flax seed. Mix together and add to your smoothie or porridge/oats in the morning. You can pre-grind the flax seeds and pre-soad your pumpkins seed (soak overnight in clean water), then store in the freezer to keep all the good and essential oils. Buy the best quality seeds you can get.
Day 13 to Day 28 you want to take 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds. Again soak the sunflower seeds and you can grind the sesame seed. Store in the freezer for max nutrition.
- Effect of flax seed ingestion on the menstrual cycle – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8077314
- Effects of dietary fats – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20105525
- Effects of unsaturated fatty acids on progesterone secretion and selected protein kinases in goat granulosa cells – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20097509
- Zinc depletion causes multiple defects in ovarian function during the periovulatory period in mice – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22147014