Black Glutenous Rice
Nutty flavour and very filling. This meal is delicious.
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 1 Cup pre-cooked black glutinous rice – make a batch and have with lunch or another breakfast
- 2 Cups of water
- 2 Tablespoons low fat yoghurt or low fat cottage cheese for Non Plant-Based and for Plant-Based Kefir mylk
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Choice of ToppingsSprinkle with berries,
- Grated apple and grapes
- Banana and mixed pre-soaked nuts
- Goji berries
- or all of these
- For vegan replace the cottage cheese or yoghurt with kefir mylk. or this homemade coconut custard
How To Make
- Cook the glutinous rice as per the instructions. I cup of rice to 2 cups of water. The consistency is slightly sticky and the rice is black and very nutritious.
- Add your toppings – mix and enjoy. This is a great family breakfast.
Note: the world glutenous is used as a description of the rice being sticky consistency. It does not contain gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat grains.