Clean food is food that has no pesticides, no hormones, no chemicals, organic and imperfect. Like grown from your back garden. No processing and good for you food. A bit like this program is suggesting.
Eating Clean food means that you are Clean eating which is a deceptively simple concept. Rather than revolving around the idea of ingesting more or less of specific things (for instance, fewer calories or more protein), the idea is more about being mindful of the food’s pathway between its origin and your plate.
10 Ways to eat clean
- Limit processed foods, best still cut them out!
- Bump up your veggies
- Cut down on bad saturated fat like vegetable oil, canola oil, animal products, fatty conventional meats.
- Reduce alcohol intake
- Take sugar out of your diet and learn to not like the sweet taste in food
- Take good mineral-rich foods.
- Reduce your salt intake (processed foods contain salt)
- Choose whole grain, but be careful and watch what affects wheat have on your tummy.
- If you choose to eat organic meats or ocean-caught fish, limit these to once a week if you can and always choose organic and green-fed.
- Skip the refined grains, cookies, biscuits, waffles, pancakes etc.
- Eat your fruit on an empty tummy so that all the nutrients can be absorbed easily.