1) Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and grate the garlic gloves. Half the chilli taking out the seeds and membrane for less heat and finely chop roughly, chop the tomatoes.
2) Pour 1 tablespoon oil into a large pan and bring to a medium heat. Slide in the onions with a good pinch of salt and pepper. fry for 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally until softened and slightly coloured. Stir 2 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk seasoning and continue to fry for a further 2 minutes
3) Tip the chopped tomatoes into the pan. Drain the kidney beans and the jackfruit and add them to the pan. Pour in the coconut milk. Combine well and bring to the boil. Partly cover with a lid and simmer gently for 20 minutes. During the cooking time use a wooden spoon so now and a gain and give it a stir to break up the jackfruit chuncks a little.
4)Tip the rice into a sieve and give it a good rinse under cold water. tip into a small pan and add 300ml boiling water and a pinch of salt. Pop a lid on and bring to the boil.then turn right down and simmer for 8 minuted till all the water has been absorbed. Take the rice off the heat and leave to stream in the pan covered for 10 minutes.
5) Sir the spinach into the jackfruit and beans till wilted. Have a taste of the sauce and add more salt if needed.
6) Spoon the rice into a couple of deep bowls and top with a couple of ladlefuls of the jackfruit curry and serve.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.