5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- 2 Cups of flax seeds (soaked until they swell)
- 1/2 Cup of pecans or any nut of preference chopped small
- 2 Savory spice blend
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning for extra flavour
- OTPIONAL EXTRAS YOU CAN ADD
- 2 Avocado de-skinned and de-stoned - optional
- 2 Cups Zucchini (courgette) - optional
- 4oz Sun-dried tomato(drained) - optional
- 1/2 Cup chia seeds (soaked until they swell) - optional
How To Make
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender, then blend the items.
- Spread the mixture over parchment paper and put either in a the dehydrator or smooth and flatten the mixture onto parchment paper and bake in the over.
- If dehydrating then dehydrate for 2-3 hours on 145 F degrees and then switch to 6-8 hours further on 115F degrees or if you have a low dehydrator 12 hours on 70F degrees until crispy.
- For baking in the oven. Preheat the oven on low heat and then bake the mixture for 15 – 20 mins or until crisp.
- Move over Bread the crackers are coming through.
- BERRY CHIA CRACKER
- Handful strawberries
- Handful of blueberries
- 1 Cup soaked chia seeds (we soak overnight)
- 1/2 Cup flax seeds – ground
- Put all ingredients together in the food processor and blend until smooth. Line dehydrator basket with baking paper flatten evenly and dehydrate for 8-12 hours or until crispy. The dehydrating times vary according to your machine. If you don’t have a machine you may want to consider buying a cheap one to start with as they are another work horse in the kitchen that you will adore having.You can use the oven on low heat for 15-20 mins or until crispy.
A staple to have in your kitchen as a go to for a snack that you can have lots of different combinations on. Its like a break replacement. I love tomato on mine and avocado on occasion. Hummus for sure or any dip.
- Calories 9542
- Total Fat: 820 g 1261.54%
- Saturated Fat: 80 g 400%
- Cholesterol: 0 mg 0%
- Sodium: 3144 mg 131%
- Potassium: 6473 mg 184.94%
- Total Carbohydrate: 479 g %
- Sugar: 68 g
- Protein: 238 g
- Vitamin A: 33.56%
- Calcium: 2493 mg 249.3%
- Iron: 84 mg 466.67%
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*